The Texas Workforce Commission provides Unemployment Benefit Services for Texans. Qualified workers who lose their job not due to their own fault can apply for the unemployment benefits at the official website of the Commission while they are looking for other jobs. The benefits generally come from employers’ unemployment insurance taxes and reimbursements and cannot be deducted from workers’ wages.
After applying for the unemployment benefits at Texas Workforce Commission, qualified workers will be able to receive unemployment insurance. The benefits will pull them through the hard times of unemployment.
About Texas Workforce Commission
The Texas Workforce Commission is part of Texas Workforce Solutions. This part of Texas state government is in charge of workforce issues and it aims to strengthen the economy of the state. The Commission has many functions such as developing the workforce, offering support services, managing the unemployment benefits and tax programs, providing labor market information, and so on.
How Can You Apply for Unemployment Benefits at Texas Workforce Commission?
- A computer with Internet access.
- Information about your last employer & job, your normal wage, and Alien Registration Number (if not an American citizen or national).
- Step-By-Step Guide
- Go to the homepage of Texas Workforce Commission at related link 1 below. Click on the link marked “Apply for Unemployment Benefits & Request Payment” under the section “JOB SEEKERS & EMPLOYEES”.
- Click “Apply for Benefits” and enter your User ID and password if you have registered for Texas Workforce Commission’s Unemployment Benefit Services. If not, sign up for a User ID.
- Apply for unemployment benefits by following the instructions of the website.
- For further information, refer to the FAQ of Texas Workforce Commission’s Unemployment Benefit Services at related link 2.
- Texas Workforce Commission:
- exas Workforce Commission’s Unemployment Benefit Services FAQ: