Online meter reading is a service which allows British Gas customers to submit their meter readings over the internet from their PCs. As long as one has a computer with internet access, any British Gas customer can submit meter readings online just by going to the Submit meter readings page at the website of British Gas and following the instructions. It is easy and quick to do.
By submitting meter readings online, British Gas customers do not need to go to a British Gas location to summit their meter readings during business hours. It saves time and energy for you and you can submit your meter reading whenever you want. It is completely at your own convenience.
About British Gas
British Gas is a leading energy provider in the United Kingdom which provides gas, electricity and home repair services to millions of customers in Scotland, Wales and England. It was founded in 1986 and has now become one of the leading energy suppliers in the UK, committed to providing the best value energy and the highest quality services for its customers.
How does a British Gas customer submit meter readings online?
- You need to have a computer with internet access.
- You need to be a British Gas customer.
- You need to know your British Gas customer reference number and keep the number handy.
- Step-By-Step Guide
- Go to the British Gas Submit Meter Readings website (see Related Link 1 below).
- Enter your customer reference number which you can find on your recent bills or any letter from British Gas as well as your first name, surname, email address, and telephone number into the required boxes. Select your telephone type from the drop down menu. Then click on the button marked “Next”.
- Submit your meter reading and confirm your submission and then follow instructions to finish the whole process.
- British Gas Submit Meter Readings Website:
- British Gas Help & Advice Page:
- British Gas Homepage: