ACCESS Florida Benefits
Are you a low-income individual considering apply for Food Stamps and Medicaid in Florida? If so, visit ACCESS Florida website, complete and submit application form online, you will receive Food and Medical Assistance if you are verified to be eligible.
What Is ACCESS Florida Program?
The State of Florida provides Food, Cash Assistance and Medicaid to qualified low-income individuals via ACCESS Florida program. Low income individuals and families may be eligible to apply for Food Stamp and get Food Assistance. With stricter threshold, low income individuals, who are also elderly, disabled, pregnant or a child, may be eligible to apply for Medicaid program and receive medical coverage. You can check whether you are eligible on ACCESS Florida website first, then apply for what you need online. For more detailed information, you may go to FAQs page of ACCESS Florida website via the second link in Related Links below.
How To Apply Food And Medical Assistance In Florida?
- Applicants need to have a valid Social Security Number (SSN).
- To complete online application form, you need to provide personal and household information including Social Security Number, income information, resource or asset information, housing expenses, health insurance information, proof of US citizenship and identity for US citizens.
- If you are an immigrant and want to apply for the program, you need to provide proof of immigration status.
- Check If You Are Eligible
- Go to ACCESS Florida website, click "Prescreening" button to enter Florida's prescreening tool page.
- Answer a few questions and submit, see whether your household might be eligible for the benefits you want to apply.
- Online Application
- Go to ACCESS Florida website, click "Apply For Benefits" button to enter application for Food Assistance, Cash Assistance and Medicaid page.
- Read directions carefully, and click "Continue" to start application.
- Choose "Apply For Benefits".
- In the next Benefit Selection page, choose which programs you want to apply, Food Stamps/Cash Assistance/Medicaid/HCBS/Waivers or Nursing Home Medicaid Coverage.
- Complete application form with your personal information and submit.
- After Application
- You will probably receive an interview, mostly in form of phone interview, to verify your information.
- You will receive a response to Food Assistance application within 30 days, to Medicaid and Cash Assistance application within 45 days.
- ACCESS Florida Website: http://www.myflorida.com/accessflorida
- ACCESS Florida Program FAQs: http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/contact/contact_ACCESS.shtml