If you live in the state of Michigan and are having a tough time economically, you should consider applying for benefits, such as Food Assistance, Energy Services, or others.
What Is MI Bridges?
MI Bridges is an online service hosted by the Department of Human Services of the state of Michigan, to facilitate the application of benefits for people in need.
For a faster delivery of benefits, Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) has been used. As a beneficiary, you will receive a debit card named Michigan Bridge Card. Your benefits will be transferred electronically to the card every month. And you can use it at thousands of merchants and ATMs.
How To Apply For Benefits Online Via MI Bridges?
- You need to have a computer with internet access.
- You need to be a resident of the state of Michigan.
- Step-By-Step Guide
- Go to the MI Bridges website (related link 1 below).
- If not sure whether you are eligible to apply, click on the round button marked “Am I Eligible?” to find out.
- If you are eligible, click on the round button marked “Apply for Benefits!” to get started.
- Tick the radio button before the first option, then click on the button marked “Next” at the bottom.
- Tick the radio button before “Create an account”, then click on the button marked “Next” at the bottom.
- Follow instructions to create an account.
- Follow instructions to complete the application.
- Once completed, wait 30 days for the arrival of your Michigan Bridge Card.
- MI Bridges: