CalJobs Job Seekers Login & Register
With bad economy upon us, many lose jobs. If you live in California and have lost your job, you may have already filed for unemployment benefits from the Employment Development Department (EDD), to get help from the government until you get employed again. What you may not know is that, if you have filed for unemployment benefits from the EDD, you are required to register at CalJobs.
What Is CalJobs?
CalJobs is an online system designed to help employers to find the right employees, and employees to find the right employers. If you receive unemployment benefits from the EDD, you are required to register at CalJobs. One advantage seeking jobs at CalJobs is that part of the jobs listed are only listed there and nowhere else, which helps to cut down competition greatly.
Once you registered at CalJobs, you can search among the thousands of job listings, to find and apply for the ones that fit you best.
How Do Job Seekers Register At CalJobs?
- You need have a computer with internet access.
- You need be a legal resident of the United States who lives in California.
- Step-By-Step Guide
- Go to the CalJobs website (related link 1 below), click on the button marked "Register" under the title "JOB SEEKER."
- Fill in your social security number and birthday, then click on the button marked "Continue."
- Follow instructions to enter your personal information, including education background and work experience.
- Once you complete the registration, you can log in to start searching for the jobs that fit you.
- CalJobs: http://www.caljobs.ca.gov
- CalJobs Jobseekers FAQ: http://www.edd.ca.gov/Jobs_and_Training/FAQs_Job_Seekers_Individuals.htm