Find out if you qualify for health and human services benefits by using the GA COMPASS system. Depending upon your situation, you may be eligible for Child Care, Energy Assistance, Food Stamps, Housing Assistance, Medicaid, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), and many other benefits . Finding out your eligibility status is now easier than ever with the online COMPASS system. You can check your eligibility status, apply for benefits, check your application status, and manage your COMPASS account all from one online access point.
What Is GA COMPASS And What Benefits Can You Get Through It?
GA COMPASS stands for Georgia Common Point of Access to Social Services. It is a part of the Georgia Department of Human Services designed to make it easier and more convenient for Georgians in need to find out if they are eligible for human services benefits and get them if they are. GA COMPASS and the Georgia Department of Human Services is an equal opportunity organization.
How Do You Use GA COMPASS?
- You must have a computer with internet access.
- You must be a legal resident of the state of Georgia.
- Step-By-Step Guide
- Go to the GA COMPASS website (related link 1 below).
- Click on the button marked “Am I eligible?”
- Read the introduction page and click on the button marked “Next”.
- Select the services you would like to see if you are eligible for and click “Next”.
- Fill in your personal information as requested in the screening form.
- After determining your eligibility status, begin the application process by going again to related link 1 below, and clicking on the button marked “Apply for Benefits”.
- Select “Start a new application”, and click on the button marked “Next”.
- Fill in the required information and check later at the GA COMPASS website to monitor the status of your application.
- GA COMPASS Website:
- GA COMPASS Fact Sheets: